27 March 2009

Elliott


We thought you might want to see Elliott in real live animation. He's been talking a lot more now and smiling a ton. He's a feisty yet easy going sweetie. For the most part he's content and prefers being carried or held, but he's also happy lying on the floor or in his swing for short bursts and is fascinated by the black and white circles and lines decorating it. But when he needs something, anything, and we don't respond before he needs it, he surely lets us know with a feisty cry (and he has the best pouty lip I've every seen!) Addy continues to vacillate between her loving B2 mode and her I need attention I'll hit B2 mode. Those are, by far, my most challenging moments.

So far we're hanging in there. Balancing life with two kids has been challenging, full of laughter and simultaneous tears, frustrations and surrendering to the moment, lots of playing and nursing and figuring out how to do more than you ever thought you could do at once! It works out that your tired and as a result of that each moment passes without remembering the details of what the last was all about. This, is vital, especially at the end of the day when you're asked, "How was you're day?" Mostly, my days are great and that is how I will remember them despite the immense challenges of meeting the needs of these two amazing babes!

No comments: