***
Addy was riding a bike inside while her friend Mata road a horse. I asked them where they were going. No response. So I suggested, Chicago, since that is where my sister and I used to pretend to go whenever we were 'traveling'. Mata said, "Yeah, Chicago."
Addy said, "To school. So I can learn from books."
(btw: this is a kiddo who does not go to preschool, but I think wants to very badly)
"Someday I hope I can watch a movie." Said after asking a billion times to watch a movie.
***
"You know mom, when I was a little kid I used to eat peanut butter and jelly."
"Oh really. How old were you?"
"Two months."
(by the way: She only eats peanut butter and jelly that her zia makes. She's never once eaten pbj made at home!)
***
Last week I was trying to open a jar of almond butter that was impossible to open. I struggled and struggled and tried the ol' knock it with a spoon trick, but nada. Addy chimed in with a few suggestions of her own, "Mama, you could try a towel."
"Thanks, Addy." I grabbed a towel, but nada.
"Mama, you could try water."
"Thanks, Addy, I"ll try it." And voila jar opened!
***
Addy's been into hugs lately. There was a period of time where she wasn't, at least not on other people's terms. Hugs were given only on her terms. But now, she's the one throwing herself onto all of her buddies whether they want her to or not. Lately she's been hugging her friend Dom a lot when we visit to play. Last week, she gave him this great big hug, looked right at him and said, "I like you, Domi."
And Domi replied, "I like you too Addy."
***
While she's been a super sassy pants lately with many a emphatic "NO" and quite a few demands she's also been extremely lovey. Today, we were talking about our plans for tomorrow morning. I was explaining that she would go to Nonno's house while we took Elliott to the doctor's and that Nonno was very excited to have Addy over. She smiled at me and said, "I love Nonno...." and a wave of love came over her, "I love you, Elliott. I love Papa. I love you," snuggling into me. Sheesh, so freakin' sweet I can't take it. Why can't I remember these moments when I'm so frustrated with her?
No comments:
Post a Comment