11 January 2010

Catching up....


Wow, our kids are changing too, too fast. Elliott graduated from crawler at 7 months to pulling up and standing by 8 months, to cruising along furniture and with help by 9 months to full blown walker by 10 1/2 months. He's now 11 months and there's no stopping him! He also learned how to play peekabo and loves to play it with one particularly shiny, showy, glittery dress up jacket from the dress up bin (much of the clothing came from my old dance costumes, sequins and lycra galore!)


At dinner he continues to gobble up more food than I can keep up with. Sometimes he ends up eating all of what's on my plate before I am able to take a bite. He looks small and he is smaller than Addy was but when you get this little dude in bath you see his big ol' belly and full thighs. He's a stout little dude who's going through some serious separation anxiety (just ask our dear friends who watched him the other night and stayed up with him until we got home!) But Elliott continues to be an easy going, easy to laugh, lovable, loving, amazing, in awe of big sister two toothed toddler (is he a toddler now that he can walk. He's not even one yet!) He's also one of the best cuddlers I know!

Tonight, Addy, Elliott and I did bedtime together and following a couple of stories were several minutes of joy and laughter in simple exchanged glances between the two of them! Elliott with all of his teething has been doing some biting lately and with every snuggle or laugh he would lunge at Addy open mouthed not always with the intention of biting (at least I think) but regardless Addy would say "No bite Elliott" One of these times she looked at him and instead of pushing him or getting frustrated by the incessant attacks (which does happen) she said, "He's just a baby." Oh, she's growing up too fast too, but I'll save that for another post!

No comments: