We've started the holiday madness here. The Christmas music starts after Thanksgiving (Jason cringes at this but Addy and I, and now Elliott, enjoying singing and dancing together!). Our beacon peace sign lights go up in our window and our basket of holiday/winter books are dredged from the depths of our cluttered basement. Except for the gift 'buying' part, it doesn't feel much like madness really. The kids and I start working on homemade gifts. And this weekend we got our tree from a local tree farm, a white pine.
12 December 2011
Creating Traditions
We've started the holiday madness here. The Christmas music starts after Thanksgiving (Jason cringes at this but Addy and I, and now Elliott, enjoying singing and dancing together!). Our beacon peace sign lights go up in our window and our basket of holiday/winter books are dredged from the depths of our cluttered basement. Except for the gift 'buying' part, it doesn't feel much like madness really. The kids and I start working on homemade gifts. And this weekend we got our tree from a local tree farm, a white pine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your tree looks so nice! Think creating your own traditions is so great. However, does ever make you a little melancholy for the christmas traditions you had growing up? I used to go back and forth between my mom and dad's at christmas, which I really didn't like. I like having my "own" christmas now. But sometimes, I miss the way it felt to be a kid at Christmas. I think that it is mostly that I just miss being a little kid sometimes. Life is going by soooooo fast.
I want Christmasman to bring me something nice too, Elliott!! I hope he brings you a big fire truck!!!
Post a Comment