08 February 2009

No B2 yet!

No worries, we haven't had B2, yet. B2 is staying safe inside from a stomach virus that struck us all at the end of the week. First, it got Addy, a few hours later it was on to me, and thankfully, once I was feeling better, it struck Jason. Not that I'm thankful he got sick, just thankful that if he was going to get sick it was once I felt well enough to take over caregiver duties. We would have been a total mess otherwise! Just another test, I suppose, to see if we're ready. So far, I think we're passing, though there are moments when I think otherwise. Taking care of a sick kid is one of the hardest things, I think, about parenting. All I want to do is make her feel better, but all I can do is try to make it easier for her to make it through whatever illness she is fighting.

Addy is still pretty punky today, not really eating, needing to be carried or hugged or snuggled a lot and sleeping a bunch, too. It's hard to see your child so out of sorts and I suspect, it's a little harder when they are young (even though she'll be TWO tomorrow) and can't really tell you how they are feeling. With my ginormous belly it's been hard to grant Addy's wish to be carried and I mean carried, picked up, walked around. Just sitting on my lap isn't always good enough. There is something about being picked up. Not sure what it is, but it's something I can't do very well and it's sent her into tears many times this weekend. Oh. We can do this, right?

On a positive note, this incident has reminded me that our bodies are pretty amazing. My focus changed from feeling very ready for B2 to come out to almost not feeling 40+ weeks pregnant as I fought off the evil virus and then switched gears to care for Addy while Jason fought it off. I thought for sure we'd be sending off an email or writing a blog post about B2's birth last week, but alas, my body knew best. Now that we're all on the mend, we'll be celebrating a new, healthy baby soon.

1 comment:

kclblogs said...

I've heard lots of people say their whole family got sick right before they went into labor! Hmmm.