-There was a big moon and he was a sun. He was always very curious and ate walnuts.
-I'm a big girl. You're a big mama. I have a big papa and I love Oliver and Maya. Oliver and Maya are my family. Oliver and Maya are my cousins.
-Tank you.
-I'm concerned you not want to eat this oatmeal. I thought you want this oatmeal (said this morning to me after I said I didn't want oatmeal for breakfast this morning)
-Addy likes to play doctor. She and I take turns being the patient. Usually when she's the patient she has a baby in her belly who will be born in February. It's quite cute. This morning, however, I got to play veterinarian to Addy's sick cat. Here's the exchange:
-Hi I'm Dr. Mama. How's your cat?
-She's sick.
-What's wrong with her?
-She has diarrhea (a common ailment of all her stuffed animals and dolls)
-Oh dear, let me take a look. Oh kitty you must have eaten something funny.
-Bacon.
-She ate bacon?
-Yes.
-Oh well, that would certainly upset a cat's tummy. I think you should take her home and make sure she drinks lots of water. If she's not better in two days bring her back.
-She's not better.
-She's not better? (Addy shakes her head no) Oh, well what would you like me to do?
-Cut her open.
-Oh, well you're the customer.
Sidenote: we were playing downstairs where we happen to have a fake piece of bacon amongst Addy's kitchen toys and this particular cat (given to her by grampa) has a zipper in it's back because it's a cat made for travel (she came with a pink rolly backpack). So I slipped the bacon into my sleeve, unzipped the cats back during 'surgery' and placed the bacon inside.
-Oh, Addy, look what I found, a whole slice of bacon. No wonder your cat wasn't feeling well. Let's take this out and sew her back up.
-No, keep it in there.
-Really?
-Keep it in there (giggle, giggle).
-Ok, she's you're cat.
a few minutes later after taking a bit of a laundry break
-Mama can you check her belly, and nose and bacon in her butt?
No comments:
Post a Comment