We remain a family of 4 with one tucked snuggly inside. I was convinced Curly was going to go rogue and come our early unlike her older siblings. Mostly I felt this way because I have felt different these last few weeks of pregnancy with Curly than I did with A or E, but I think it was probably just the heat and the fact that I am far more active this time around than I have been in previous pregnancies! Because, here I am 40 weeks and 4 days. Addy was a few days late, I think 3 or 4 before labor started and Elliott was 7 days past the due date. We have kind of reached the point where we have gotten everything to a point where we're ready. We checked off a few more projects on the to do list and don't think it's so wise to embark on a new project, and so we are in a holding pattern yet my energy and patience are waning and the kids are seeming particularly ornery and at each other. I think we're all just READY! Each day we prepare ourselves, today could be the day and then when it isn't we figure out what to do next. Today we went to Dancing in the Streets in Ann Arbor in hopes of urging Curly out. I had been cooped up in air conditioning the last two days of HOT weather here in the mitten and was excited to get out in the cooler, much more tolerable weather! Though the kiddos have gotten some sweet snuggles and words with Curly, "Come out soon Coowy Bawa", Elliott says as he kisses my belly and then follows later with, "Nigh Nigh Coowy Bawa, bad guyeee." Addy is excited at the prospect of spending the night at Nonno and Susie's when Curly is born, but this morning when she came to snuggle with me in bed she really came to snuggle with Curly. We decided to snap a few family shots to mark our big transition to a family of 5 sometime soon......
04 September 2011
40 weeks and counting
We remain a family of 4 with one tucked snuggly inside. I was convinced Curly was going to go rogue and come our early unlike her older siblings. Mostly I felt this way because I have felt different these last few weeks of pregnancy with Curly than I did with A or E, but I think it was probably just the heat and the fact that I am far more active this time around than I have been in previous pregnancies! Because, here I am 40 weeks and 4 days. Addy was a few days late, I think 3 or 4 before labor started and Elliott was 7 days past the due date. We have kind of reached the point where we have gotten everything to a point where we're ready. We checked off a few more projects on the to do list and don't think it's so wise to embark on a new project, and so we are in a holding pattern yet my energy and patience are waning and the kids are seeming particularly ornery and at each other. I think we're all just READY! Each day we prepare ourselves, today could be the day and then when it isn't we figure out what to do next. Today we went to Dancing in the Streets in Ann Arbor in hopes of urging Curly out. I had been cooped up in air conditioning the last two days of HOT weather here in the mitten and was excited to get out in the cooler, much more tolerable weather! Though the kiddos have gotten some sweet snuggles and words with Curly, "Come out soon Coowy Bawa", Elliott says as he kisses my belly and then follows later with, "Nigh Nigh Coowy Bawa, bad guyeee." Addy is excited at the prospect of spending the night at Nonno and Susie's when Curly is born, but this morning when she came to snuggle with me in bed she really came to snuggle with Curly. We decided to snap a few family shots to mark our big transition to a family of 5 sometime soon......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thinking of you!
That's one fine lookin family!!! Love these pics! Do you feel pretty certain that Curly is a girl . . . ?? We are thinking of you all - we are so excited for you. You look awesome Kim, but I am sure that you are ready to be done being pregnant . . . Here's hoping that Curly decides to come soon!
Post a Comment