 |
|
Christmas morning....we awoke at, 7:30, which is sleeping in at our house. Several days preceding Christmas we had late nights and so we quickly got on a new go to bed late, sleep in, we're on winter break, schedule. This is the first time this has ever worked. Going to bed late in the past usually meant waking up at our usual 6 or 630 if not earlier with major grumpiness. A lovely day was had by all. Elliott was so cute. With each gift he opened throughout the day he pronounced, "Wow, whoa (insert gift name here).Just what I wanted!" Both kids were busy and have been since building and pretending and creating. It has been a lot of fun having this time all together again. Since Addy started school we've been missing our days at home together. Don't get me wrong, there's been plenty of fighting, yelling, throwing, pulling, pushing. Did I say yelling? YELLING, but in between Jason and I saying, "Shhh, we are all in the same room or at the same table or right next to each other, we don't need to yell", we have had so much fun. It is such a a pleasure to see our kids' relationships unfold and evolve. A gift in itself for us parents. There is so much love and lots of frustration and disdain, but boy are they really working things out with each other and growing so much. And, as always, so are we!


 |
| Scientist |
 |
| Jason making a 'traditional' holiday breakfast consisting of egg thing, cinnamon rolls, potatoes, and bacon. Yum |
 |
| The girls |
 |
| What have we done???????? |
 |
| Nonno and Gammy |
 |
| Nana |
 |
| dancer |
Since Elliott was born I have given up gluten. Seems like my body is just happier without it. Since having Rosie I've also given up dairy. It pains me so. With each pizza commercial I see, I long for a cheesy, greasy pizza, but it's better that I don't, for both me and for Rose. Anyway, my mom often made her delicious lasagne for Christmas. I was pouting the days before Christmas as I pondered what
I would make for dinner. And so Jason encouraged me to search for a gluten and dairy free lasagne. Could it be? Would I really find one that was a suitable replacement? YES!!!! And here's the link.
http://www.dancewhileyoucook.com/2011/12/kick-ass-lasagna-gluten-free-and-dairy.html
It was so good, and so easy. It did take some planning ahead, but YUM! Nana, Nonno, and Gammy all joined us for the day and for dinner with added hammy, brussels, snacks and a yummilicious torte that Jason and Addy made. And to boot, there was SNOW, well at least a dusting. We had a blast!
1 comment:
More awesome pics!! I like the one of "the girls". It is so hard to give up dairy (and gluten . . . but oh the dairy . . .) . . . Am glad you found a suitable substitute lasagna. You look AWESOME, so whatever you are doing must suit you. But missing out on yummy cheese pizza must be very hard .. . I want some now, just writing about it.
Post a Comment