Warning: the text that follows primarily is a grumpy rant by a lady 9 months pregnant and very tired of the heat.......
Speechless, well not really I have a ton to say, more like don't know where to start it's been so long. I have not managed to sit my butt down to write which would be so terribly good for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty much sitting my butt down as much as I can but I am BEAT. I was completely naive about this whole summer pregnancy gig and probably totally naive or in denial about the challenges of a third pregnancy keeping up with two very active kiddos, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. Yikes! I consider myself to be pretty tough, but I am getting my pregnant ass kicked and it's hard for me to admit it! However, my body kindly or maybe not so kindly informs me with swollen feet and sore, sore, sore overall or with the emotional roller coaster that I have been on (think flood of tears at random triggers). I think it was my time. I mean my pregnancies with Addy and Elliott were mostly a breeze and I surely counted myself lucky. But I did figure this one would be just as 'easy'. Naive! I have new found empathy for people with arthritis. I wake up each morning unable to close my hands or spread butter on my toast. My hands freakin' hurt. And last night I felt like my great aunt, Zia Rosina, with my feet wedged into my shoes like playdoh bursting from a too full container (by the way, Zia Rosina is my oldest relative, in her 90s, the oldest of 4, and the only one still living. Interestingly she is the only one who did not immigrate to the US. She still lives in Italy!).
I am embarrassed to require air conditioning or a cold pool each day. Even the lake is too hot these unending days and nights of hot and humidity. It makes me cringe each time I turn on three, yes THREE, window A/C units in our house just to make it somewhat bearable. I curse that I am only adding to what's causing this climate change, but then I give myself a break (unlike the catholic raised kid in me) and my family appreciates the slightly kinder mom that becomes slightly more available when the A/C is on.
OY, ok I'm think I'm done. I needed to complain a little. I feel better. Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment