25 October 2011

Fall

We have had some awesome fall weather both chilly, sunny days and nice warm ones. And we've managed to get out for some hikes and adventures as a fivesome!






Addy drawing in her field journal. Of her own accord (seriously no parental influence here, at least not directly), Addy brought a journal and pencil on our hike at a local nature area. She stopped every so often noting plants or shapes or items of interest in drawing form.
Shibby, dibby, dibby, dibby, dibby, dibby divver (thanks Joe Reilly) we got to play in the Huron River!


Holding hands while hiking! Yay for sweet moments. Soooo needed to cushion to not so sweet ones.....

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I just can't get over how grown up Addy looks. I know it sounds weird to say, but she looks like a "real" person now. I don't know if it is her expressions or what, but she just looks so grown up. Where does the time go? Bill and I were reminiscing about when we all met up in Fort Worth for T-Rex's wedding and we took Addy to the zoo. She was sooooo little!!!!

jt said...

I know...I sometimes forget to treat her like a 4 1/2 year old, not a teenager. Sometimes, though, it seems like she's more like a teenager in a small body!