
Trying to savor these newborn days but boy are they going by at warp speed. Our sweet little Rose is getting so, so big. Smiling now. One month old. She's pretty chill. Well, so far anyway, both during the day and at night. She sure tolerates a lot of stimulation during the day and while she has many awake periods during the day she still sleeps a ton. Our house is quite far from quiet from 630 am until 830pm, lots and lots of activity, talking, screaming, running, fighting, laughing, slamming, stomping, crying. It's all happening and it's all very different, yet so familiar this third time around. And while there have been moments of more than one person crying we haven't yet had the day where we're all crying. It will come, I am sure. Mostly we've been easing into things here. Jason is back to work part time. We love having him home and it will be a hard transition for the kids (and me) to not have him here as much, but slowly we're getting used to it. Getting out the door is by far the most difficult, though the sibling fighting is pretty tough to get through. Don't be fooled by all the glowing, smiling faces. We don't tend to capture the array of moods and emotions that occur in one day, let alone one hour, ok let's be honest 5 minutes. Thankfully the kids have been super troopers when it comes to helping or being flexible while nursing and I am far more comfortable with the big kid energy paired with newborn energy this time around. And Rose, well, she's just going with the flow during all of this.

I think this will be the last time she fits in this cute little ditty from Dr. Huxtable, Bill and Owen!




I don't have many pictures of Rose with her big bro. He loves on her in these fleeting moments of kisses and tugs and "Hi Cuwly Bawa" Jason held him, ever so gently, so I could quickly snatch this photo without it being blurry from his rapid movements!

Oh, and she loves being snuggled in the wrap, sleeping cozy and warm, but she also will take some snoozes in the co-sleeper. This is new for us.. in the past the co-sleeper was a place for pillows and blankets and a place to put my glasses at night. Yet, tonight will teach me, right? It's 11:20pm and I should have been in bed hours ago. Rose was. Night, night!
1 comment:
Dude, she is going to be a super chilled out third child (I think lots of third kids are) - you can just tell by the expressions on her face. And smiling already! I bet she is going to be one of those kids who not only doesn't mind noise and hubbub, but thrives on it.
Bill and I can't decide if she looks more like you or Jefe. Think it is a toss up at this point.
Bill and I thought co-sleepers were for books and pillows also. Awesome that Rose is liking it.
Kudos to you for managing to get out the door with three kids. Who cares how long it took? If you made it out the door and to any sort of destination (even the mailbox) it was a success.
We miss you guys and can't wait to meet Rose!!!!
Post a Comment