29 November 2011

Sugar = Death

Addy loves to pretend 'family' with her friends and with us. The latest rendition, for a while now, has been that of orphan children. Addy usually likes to play 'sisters' and today Elliott and I were her younger sisters. She said, "Our mom is dead and we are going on a trip." So I asked, "Why is our mom dead?" And she said, "Because she ate too much sugar."

Guess I better lay off the anti-sugar speech. It's sinking in a little too much!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

!!!!! I have been thinking about sugar lately too! I eat too much of it and Owen is starting to notice and want it too . . . it's the shiny wrapping paper all sugary treats seem to come in. It just makes you want to eat them. Agggggghhhh . . . no more peppermint patties for me!!!!!!

jt said...

oh yeah...just wait for the day when you try to 'sneak' a piece of chocolate and Owen says, "What are you eating, mom?" My friend lament that the days of sneaking chocolate during the day ended too abruptly and now we either have to be prepared to share or resist the craving til after bed time :)