01 November 2011

Halloween in Walnut Grove




The Ingalls Family....Jack the Bulldog (not a tiger Elliott), Mary, Ma, Baby Carrie, and Pa. The kids pretend to be Laura and Mary on a daily basis which made figuring out Halloween costumes pretty easy. Of course Elliott got tired of wearing his Laura dress and bonnet and instead wore the tiger costume but pretended to be Jack the Ingalls' family dog. He confused the heck out of people, "Oh what a cute tiger."
"Me no tiger. Me Jack."
"Oh, Jack the tiger."
"No me tiger. Me dog."

Believe it or not the dress, bonnet, and apron Addy is wearing was my sister's from when we were kids. I have no idea how I ended up with it or how my mom managed to save so many toys, dolls, and clothes from when we were kids. My dad is the ultimate purger. But she did it and I am ever so thankful!


Here's a close up of Baby Carrie. I couldn't find her apron or bonnet for either of the Halloween events we participated in. Oh well. She's pretty stinking cute without.....
and Laura and Mary from a few weeks ago!
ooooo ooooo....don't be scared. Addy carved the second pumpkin from the right. Before showing anyone her pumpkin she'd prepare them, "Don't be scared!" Not sure you can see the sharp, scaaary teeth on it!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

am so impressed you pulled together costumes for everyone in your family. love, love the bonnets. Hooray for moms. I always picked on my mom for saving everything. You end up so happy that they hung on to so much.

Rose looks like such an old soul. Almost like a little baby buddha or something. I think it is that little grin . . .

Happy Halloween Reynolds-Tallant family!!!!!!!