22 January 2009

Papa and Addy


Jason is an incredible papa! It has been amazing and wonderful to watch him form this incredibly strong relationship with her through taking over nighttime parenting including bedtime and any night wakings, special early morning breakfast time together, rollicking fun running and horsing around, tickling, and zerberting. He can be silly and fun and lighthearted, while being compassionate, loving, and sensitive. Perfect for our roller coaster toddler!

(Christmas morning: Look at those expressions!)

Jason's been working extra hard at work to get things done before B2 arrives and he takes family leave time. He's gone in early or stayed late a few days here and there. Addy typically asks about Papa throughout the day but she's especially antsy to see him at the end of the day. Today, while we were making dinner together, Addy said, over the course of a couple of minutes, "I want Papa! ... I miss him ... so much." And I melted all over the kitchen floor. She's amazing me with her language and emotions, her connections to people.

The other night Jason and Addy were dancing to a throwback to Jason's childhood. He said he'd like me not to post this video, but I think it's adorable. It reminds me of dancing with Jason at prom (yes, senior prom). I'll never forget him busting out unabashadly in song while we slow danced. I love that about him!





And this is also the person who played the role of plumber and slid under the wooden play kitchen for his daughter because she said her sink was 'bwoken' and needed to be fixed.

1 comment:

Anjanette said...

Jason, I *love* the video! Reminds me that once B2 is here, we'll need to make a plan for Korean Karaoke, maybe we can get a home kit ;)