And this was the result! Addy loves her new haircut! She did say, now people will think I am a boy, hee hee. Funny how so many of our women friends, and myself, can have short hair, yet Addy's formation of who is a girl and who is a boy still puts girls in the long hair category. We always like to bring up Addy's musical idol, Joe Reilly, who has a long pony tail, when she makes statements like this! But this doesn't seem to phase her girl/boy categories.
02 February 2011
Haircuts
Inspired by her cousin who recently requested a "haircut like daddy," Addy decided, after months of growing her hair long, to chop it off! To be honest, I was hesitant to do it because Addy had been working so hard at growing her hair long and even growing her bangs out. I feared that once I did the deed she'd say, "ok, mom, make my hair long again." At the same time I didn't want to somehow make her feel like she should be too attached to her hair. Oy the complexities of parenthood :). So after one more double check we went for it and chopped her ponytail off!

And this was the result! Addy loves her new haircut! She did say, now people will think I am a boy, hee hee. Funny how so many of our women friends, and myself, can have short hair, yet Addy's formation of who is a girl and who is a boy still puts girls in the long hair category. We always like to bring up Addy's musical idol, Joe Reilly, who has a long pony tail, when she makes statements like this! But this doesn't seem to phase her girl/boy categories.
Shortly after Addy's haircut it was Elliott's turn. I loved his long curls, but they were becoming dreads that were very hard to manage. Not to mention at the last ophthalmology appointment the docs had to continuously sweep his bangs from his eyes. Hair clips would have solved this problem, if he would keep them in! I came home one night and Jason said, "You're going to be mad. I cut Elliott's hair." When I saw him in the morning I actually was kind of irked. My little sweet long haired boy now had a 'little boy' haircut. It does look cute, and maybe he'll grow it out again if we can ever keep up with brushing. Oh the snarls. That was much of the problem with Addy's long locks, too. Brushing out tangles was never a fun event no matter what we did to try to make it easier!

And this was the result! Addy loves her new haircut! She did say, now people will think I am a boy, hee hee. Funny how so many of our women friends, and myself, can have short hair, yet Addy's formation of who is a girl and who is a boy still puts girls in the long hair category. We always like to bring up Addy's musical idol, Joe Reilly, who has a long pony tail, when she makes statements like this! But this doesn't seem to phase her girl/boy categories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment